The state of Washington requires that anyone who enters a healthcare office must wear a mask.
The introduction of masks has increased the impact of hearing loss on us. Without the ability to see faces and read lips, untreated hearing loss and malfunctioning hearing aids are more inconvenient than ever. Don’t worry, we understand and we are doing everything we can to make sure that you get the help you need.
Here’s what we’re doing to protect you:
- We have taken additional precautions such as scheduling all appointments with significant time gaps between them to ensure you do not come in contact with other patients (and to give us ample time to clean and sanitize our spaces between appointments). Our appointments are still one-on-one and patient focused to specifically minimize any risk to you.
- To simplify device cleaning, reprogramming, and repair, we’re offering curbside appointments and drop off services. Curbside visits allow you the service you need while still minimizing your potential contact with others.
- Another option that may be available to you is our remote in-home programming. If you’re unsure if your hearing instruments can be adjusted remotely, call us and we’ll let you know.
- We offer phone call, email, and video telehealth consultations. Call our office to schedule one of these options.
- If your hearing instruments require batteries, we offer a few easy options for your convenience. You can purchase batteries over the phone and we can bring them to your car, curbside, or we may be able to arrange to deliver them to you after hours. Due to our limited availability to the Post Office, we are not currently able to mail them to your home.
As always, your health and safety is the most important thing to us. If you have questions regarding any of this information, or would like to discuss your hearing health, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (360) 704-7900. We look forward to continuing to help you on your hearing journey now and in the future, and wish you the safety, health, and happiness in the upcoming weeks.
We are open for you. We are confident that we can maintain a healthy clinic environment and we will meet you where you are at emotionally during this uncertain time.
Yours for better hearing,
Dr. Vega & the Complete Hearing & Balance (formerly Ascent Audiology & Hearing) team